Saturday, May 19, 2007

23 weeks - end of the 6th month? more like the 5th

No one ever tells you that for medical purposes, you are "technically" pregnant for 10 months. It's weird that they start counting the date of your last period when you obviously aren't pregnant for the first 2 weeks or so...but whatever. I went to the doc yesterday and she said..."You're at the end of the 6th month!" Well, yeah, I guess. More like the baby is 5 months old. Got to hear the heartbeat again and was measured from my belly button to my pelvic bone...23 cm. Normal for 23 weeks. Dr. Truneh says that you grow one centimeter for every week you're pregnant. Gained another 4 pounds...so that's 10 total so far. Not bad. The "healthy" range is between 4-6 per month. So I'm glad that I am on the lower end this month as last month I had gained 6. Current weight: 140.

Overall, I'm doing well. People at work are telling me how I have "the glow." Only 4 weeks of school left (18 days to be exact..not that I'm counting!) Am looking forward to spending time at home getting things ready....and relaxing...and working out a little bit more. Been crocheting lately. I have 3 pregnant friends right now (Robin, Carrie, and Radhia) so am working on some crafts for them and their impending babies. Jimmeh's busy with work and school. And we've been glued to the Hockey Finals for the past month.

xo

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Hang in there, Jenn! It's all worth it in the end. I hope you're feeling okay (hee hee. I just had to say that).